Best Parks for Fall Colors in SW MetroFall colors have arrived and this weekend appears to have great weather again to get out and enjoy the scenery!Three Rivers Park District
8 Trails For Beautiful Biking In The Southwest Metro
Dated: May 14 2019
The Southwest Metro has a terrific biking community due to the quality and volume of great trails. With hundreds of miles of trails, you can spend many days exploring the trails, parks and lakes! Below is a link to each of the trails included on the map above:
1. Luce Line State Trail - 63 miles long, runs from Plymouth, MN to Cosmos, MN.
2. Dakota Rail Regional Trail - 25 miles of paved trails offering spectacular views of Lake Minnetonka from Wayzata, MN to Mayer, MN.
3. Lake Minnetonka LRT Regional Trail - 15 miles of trails from Hopkins, MN to Victoria, MN, with views of Lake Minnetonka and passes through the historic communities of Deephaven and Excelsior.
4. Three Mile Drive - enjoy the 3 mile scenic loop in the Arboretum, and be sure to follow the rules of the road as there is not a dedicated bike trail lane.
5. Chaska Ravine Trail - there is no "offical" site for this trail, but it is a great gem if you can find it!
6. Minnesota River Bluffs LRT Regional Trail - this 12 mile trail runs along an old railroad track from downtown Hopkins to downtown Chaska.
7. Purgatory Creek Trail - this 3 mile trail loop is a quick, yet enjoyable ride in Eden Prairie.
8. Minnesota Valley State Trail - this 27 trail runs from Shakopee, MN to Belle Plaine, MN. It is paved from Shakopee to Chaska, and then has a natural surface the remainder of the trail to Belle Plaine.
Latest Blog Posts
Splash Pads, Beaches & Waterpark Guide For The Southwest MetroFREE Splash Pads to visitSplash Pad at Burnes Park (Hopkins)Splash Pad at Cedarcrest Park (Bloomington)Splash Pad at Cliff Fen